Sneak Peek From A Kiss to Build a Dream On

 Sneak Peak From A Kiss to Build a Dream On:

Fletcher’s heart beat double-time as couples paired up around them. He swallowed and gave her a half-smile. “Would you like to dance?” 

Meg looked up at him through her lashes. “Sure.”

He pulled her closer, close enough he was certain she could feel his pounding heart. Hopefully she would attribute it to their recent dancing … but then again, maybe he didn’t hope that. Maybe he wanted Meg to know that he was attracted to her; that holding her in his arms felt the same as having his movie hit number one at the box office—only better. He pulled her a little closer and she responded by resting her head against his chest, sending a fresh wave of warmth through him. “I’ve decided I’m a fan of country dancing,” he said quietly.

“Good thing.” She pulled back to give him a teasing smile. “I think it’s fair to say that you’ve vindicated the name of film producers everywhere. You’re quite the dancer.”

“So are you.”

Her lip pulled up in one corner. “Thanks. I’ve missed this.” She glanced around the room, her expression a mixture of contentment and regret.

“You should come more often then,” he said. “It’s important to make time for things that you enjoy.”

She sighed. “I know. I really should, but time is a precious commodity. One that I don’t have much of. There just aren’t enough hours in the day for everything that needs to be done at the orchard.”

He considered that as they made the slow turn on the dance floor. “Do you like your work at the orchard?”

“I love it,” she answered without hesitation. “It’s my life.” A crease formed between her brows. “… But I admit sometimes I wish I could hit pause and take a break now and then. That’s the drawback of working at an orchard. You have to fully commit to it.”

“To the point that you can’t even go dancing on the weekends?” he questioned.

She lifted a shoulder. “It sounds extreme, doesn’t it? I’m hoping it won’t always be that way. Someday I’d like to hire the help necessary to take some of the load off. We were shorthanded already, but now with Tess and Walter down—” she looked away. “It’s going to be busy for a bit.”

“I’ll do what I can to help,” Fletcher promised.

Her eyes flicked to his, studying him. “I can’t figure out why you’re being so nice to me.”

He smiled. “Does there have to be a reason? Maybe I’m just a nice guy.”

“Maybe you are.” Her gaze softened. “In which case, I take back every negative stereotype I’ve ever had about Hollywood film producers.”

He playfully looked to the ceiling. “Finally. Vindication.” 

Meg laughed, adjusting her arms around his neck as a lock of brown hair fell down past her shoulder. 

Fletcher’s mouth went dry. She was stunning. She met his gaze, her eyes warm and inviting beneath the brim of her cowgirl hat. He tightened his grip on her waist, his heart hammering as everything around them faded and all he could see was Meg. She didn’t look away and he stilled, no longer turning them on the dance floor as his breathing shallowed. His gaze dropped to her lips and she smiled softly. He leaned in and she met him halfway, an explosion rocking through him as his lips touched hers in the briefest of kisses.

Click HERE to Preorder Your Copy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm About to Write the Kissing Scene!

Excerpt from "Snowed In at the Ranch"

A Commonly Asked Question