If I Had a Time Machine ...

This morning I helped my daughter study for a test about the Revolutionary War and had an overwhelming feeling of gratitude for those early colonist patriots who gave everything for the founding of a new nation. I've always been fascinated by this point in time in U.S. history, and if I could go back to any time in history to visit, I would be sorely tempted to pick July 4, 1776 to witness the signing of the Declaration of Independence. The colonists had so much courage to stand up for their freedoms, especially when the odds were highly stacked against them. There's nothing like an underdog story, and this is one of my favorites. How about you? Is there a point in history that you connect with and feel is especially meaningful?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm About to Write the Kissing Scene!

Excerpt from "Snowed In at the Ranch"

A Commonly Asked Question